Thursday 20 June 2013

Greet the seas across the ink black night.


Expression / In and Out of Focus

Todays post is a little different from usual, a hybrid of essay/questions with no answers sort of post? It started of as an uninteresting OOTD post, when i decided to include some pieces of writing I've done recently, and then the topic sort of swayed a little when all my shots were coming out unfocused (the pros of having to use self-timer mode, eh?) Who even writes essays in their three - month holidays from school? Me, that's who. 


ex·pres·sion
noun
1.
the act of expressing or setting forth in words: the free expression of political opinions.
2.
a particular wordphrase, or form of words: old-fashioned expressions.
3.
the manner or form in which a thing is expressed in words; wording; phrasing: delicacy of expression.
4.
the power of expressing in words: joy beyond expression.
5.
indication of feeling, spirit, character, etc., as on the face, in the voice, or in artistic execution: thelyric expression embodied in his poetry.

Expressing oneself in today's society can come in many forms. The main way people express themselves (especially in younger generations) is appearance. Clothes, shoes, hair dye, tattoos  piercings, its an essential part of growing up and becoming who you are to many people. But sometimes, we can get so caught up in trying to stand out on the outwards that maybe we don't realise we can all look the same and we should be trying to stand out on the inside too? Or is that just me? Blame the lack of tea. 


Private expression (this is writing, art, photography ect to me) has akways been part of my life I could say. I have always done writing, and music, and drawing. Everyone has some form of private expression I think. So thats why I included these tiny snippets of writing in my photos today. the first one is mine, and the second piece is just lyrics  all wrapped together from one of my favourite songs at the moment.


The second thing I want to talk about today is focusing on things in life. Like, really focusing on something and trying to improve yourself as much as you can in that particular thing. That's what I feel like I need to do at the moment. I feel like the focus on somethings have been lost, and i need to re focus on them. Do you ever feel like that sometimes? I guess these pictures somehow unintentionally reflect those feelings.  


And I just included this last picture not because it fits in with the theme of this post but because I loved the light in it so much. Apologies for that ;)


Top / H and M
Skirt / Topshop
Boots / Some random French store 
Horrifically unstyled hair / Models own

I hope you enjoyed this post, please tell me what you think! Im not to sure about these long rambly posts? I hope youre all having a lovely Thursday,

love,
annie
xxx

Cherry Ghost - A Month of Mornings




No comments:

Post a Comment